WOD: Monday 10/12/15
In support of October being breast cancer awareness month, we will be hosting a special, partner WOD during all of our regularly scheduled classes today. Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women, and 1 in 1000 men.
Barbells for Boobs is a non-profit organization dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer, and the inspiration behind this workout. If you'd like to know more, check out the link above, and see what they're all about. Feel free to wear something pink!
- Spend a little extra time rolling out those hotspots! Hips, glutes, hams, etc...
- Shoulder stretches w/bands
- Side lunge down turf (switch halfway)
- Butt kickers, high knees, duck walk, inch worms
Row 200m then complete 2 rounds w/bar of:
- 6 x hang clean
- 6 x strict press
- 6 x overhead squat
Metcon: "Helen Meets Grace"
"Helen" - With a partner, comeplete 3 rounds of the following:
- 21 x KB Swings (both partners must complete 21 reps, one partner works at a time)
- 12 x Pull-ups (both partners must complete 21 reps, one partner works at a time)
- 400m Run (partners must complete run together)
Move on to the second workout immediately after finishing the third round.
"Grace" - partners may partition reps however they choose, for a total of 30:
- 30 x Clean and Jerks